On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Stefan van der Eijk wrote:
> Of the 632 packages 498 compiled OK and 134 had some
> problem.  I classified the "problem" packages in the
> following categories:
>
> Architecture_is_not_included:                 23
> File_contains_non-printabable_characters:     15
> common:                                               96

Very interesting, thanks for doing all those builds!

One thing you should watch for -- many packages will compile fine, but
completely bomb because there are assumptions in the source code about
integers being the same size as pointers.

If it is easy, could you consider adding another category to the above:
packages which compile but emit warnings similar to:
"pointer cast to integer of different size"

I wonder if RedHat has patches for their Alpha packages...

Regards,

        Jeff