> > File_contains_non-printabable_characters:     15
> Just set LC_CTYPE=en instead of 'C' (you need the locale for English to be
> installed of course)
This didn't work with the redhat 6.0 "rpm". I upgraded to Mandrake's
rpm and the environment setting. That worked. I have now been able to
compile about 12 of the 15 in this group. Only a few didn't work out.

> > The packages included in "Architecture is not included"
> > are packages that a specific for intel machine, like
> > dosemu and Wine.
> wine should have a line
> ExclusiveArch: i386 i486 i586

> in its spec file.
> The same should be added for dosemu and such.
It does. I guess that's what causes the error message. It's not a
problem,
this stuff is x86 specific...

> The alpha version need some alpha-specific ones too; like the emx86
> I think is called allowing to run (most) Linux/i386 programs on Linux/alpha.
I've tried it a few years ago on my first alpha (a UDB). Very very slow,
but it works... It's not pretty though... getting the Tru64 lib's to run
netscape & acrobat is a better idea...

Greetings,

Stefan van der Eijk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]