[EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Hoyt") writes:

[...]

> I looked at the shortcut page and tried to finish the install using the
> keyboard only (BTW, it detetcted the PS/2 mouse, but I had no cursor

:(

switching back and forth from console does not help?

can you verify the /tmp/Xconf?

> control; there was a symlink error and an attempt to delete a directory that
> didn't exist by the time the gui screen popped up).

that's not a problem (or at least not *the* problem).

> Cooker would not create
> a boot disk, not run lilo and not test X successfully. (My install
> configuration is for /dev/hda6 = /boot and /dev/hda14 = /). Upon shutdown,
> /dev/hda6 was empty (no kernel) and /etc/fstab was not configured correctly.

do you install from /dev/hda6? that would be the problem...

PS: i just added the following to SHORTCUTS:

in case of complete mouse sh**t

XFree86 provides a way of moving the mouse pointer:
- first, press Ctrl-Shift-NumLock
- then move the pointer with the keypad arrows
- press button is ``0'' (aka Inser)
- release button is ``.'' (aka Suppr)