> I think we have to seriously address this question if we hope to
> adapt to the modern world of large disks.  As far as I can see, we have
> only a few choices, and fewer still which are practical
>
> 1) We should install dual booting for the novice using loadlin as the
>    only boot loader option, especially if we can detect in advance
>    that the target disk partition is out of bounds
>
> 2) We need to document the above 6 steps (which still leaves the problem
>    of mounting hda2 before hda4) and include a much more involved section
>    on dual booting in the install guide.
>
> 3) We should stress a recommendation that a dual boot machine should
>    consider using a second hard drive before considering LILO as an
>    option.
>
> 4) We could adapt LILO to large disks ;)

5) use GRUB. I have been using for a few month with W95 and 3 linux
distros
without a problem and there is no special limit with 1024  cylinders.
It's harder
to configure the first time, but after you get a clean menu at boot time
and
it is very easy to maintain the configuration. I don't want to go back
to LILO :-)

Bruno