Kaixo!

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 10:40:29PM -0600, Chris Cowan wrote:

> In attempting to install the perl5 GD module from CPAN, the make failed
> trying to find libttf.   After a little looking around, I realized that
> I needed to create an extra symlink from libttf.so.2 to libttf.so.
> After making the change, everything worked fine.
>
> Just thought I'd post here, so that it can be fixed.

the lib*.so files are used for compiling; that is they are included on
the *-devel packages.
I'm surprized you have been able to complete your compilation without
all the other files included in freetype-devel.

Anyway; there isn't anything to fix; you must simply know that in order
compile programs using the freetype library you need to install freetype-devel

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.ping.be/~pin19314/           PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975