Am 2000-04-09, um 14:43:42 (-0700) schrieb Eugenio Diaz:
> When I make a ssh connection to the localhost, I get a
> definition like "DISPLAY=fulgore:12.0", which is ok,
> but for some reason, if I run an Xclient like xterm,
> it hangs there without doing nothing, even if I run
> "xhosts +"; and if I press ctrl-c, it takes about a
> minute to exit. What is wrong?

Hard to say, but perhups You haven't enabled forewarding
X sessions. From my "etc/ssh/ssh_config":
---------8<------------------->8------------
Host *
        ForwardAgent yes
        ForwardX11 yes
        FallBackToRsh no
---------8<------------------->8------------

And from my "etc/ssh/sshd_config":
---------8<------------------->8------------
X11Forwarding yes
---------8<------------------->8------------

look if You have those lines also, and then thry a

  ssh -v localhost xterm

There You shold get (hopfully) enough debug-output
if it won't work ...

--
Tschüss und bis demnächst,

                       Stefan

| Stefan Siegel                               |
| Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 34 / App. 144          |
| D-67663 Kaiserslautern                      |
| Tel.: +49-631-18269                         |
| http://www.student.uni-kl.de/~siegel/       |
| mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
| PGP Public Key:                             |
| finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] |