-----Original Message-----
From: Lorne Shantz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 10:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Cooker] couple of bugs

During the installation, after the package group selection you are given
the option to choose the packages you want to install. At the bottom
left is 4 buttons.  One is a toggle between flat and group sorter. If
you click this you will get an error that says "an error occurred died".
It then dumps you back to disk drake. ???

I selected XFREE 4.0 and 1024x768 and it is at like 1600x???. I can't
figure out how to change the modes. All of the pre-packaged stuff is for
the older version of Xfree I suppose. If you try the drakeconfig it just
pops back and nothing happens. There seems to be missing a binary file
missing called XF86Config to change it. Since the configuration file is
so different, I can't figure out how to force it down to 1024. Any ideas
out there?

LS120 issues - It automatically assumes that the LS120 is HDA. It
apparently isn't on two machines. I haven't had time to figure out what
it is though.

I've been through this problem, even worse because my graphics adapter is an
Intel 810 onboard chipset. XF86Config is not a binary file it is where the
configuration for XFREE is located, try using XF86Setup if it does not work
edit manually the XF86Config file then deleting all other resolution so that
it will be forced to start at the resolution you desired, but take note that
this should be compatible with your monitor. Monitors has its own limitation
and may cause fatal error when it exceed its limit.

Andrew - AMANET Batangas, Philippines