On 28 May 2000, Pixel wrote:

> Lorne Shantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > LS120 issues - It automatically assumes that the LS120 is HDA. It
> > apparently isn't on two machines. I haven't had time to figure out what
> > it is though.
>
> which version of mandrake?

Here it worked a little different.  It created /mnt/floppy to /dev/hdb
(which is the LS-120), but the LS-120 disks must be mounted as /dev/hdb1
for it to work.  I prefer a mount point of /mnt/ls-120 (what if there is a
real floppy in the system?), but that's a nitpicker point.

The thing that I found odd was in the LILO setup it made an entry for
floppy pointing to /dev/fd0 when there is no floppy in this system (only
the LS-120).  If Mandrake is smart enough to point /dev/hdb to
/mnt/floppy, it should be smart enough not to make a bogus entry for a
floppy device that doesn't exist (but it still needs to point to /dev/hdb1
not /dev/hdb or it won't mount).

This is in beta3.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
Freezer Burn BBS:  telnet://bbs.freezer-burn.org . ICQ: 54924721