On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:30:56 +0200
Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But since it only affects upgraders (not new users) who have installed
> the NVidia drivers, I don't think anyone affected by this bug are
> users evaluating.
>
> Anyway, you could probably just actually run the X configuration tool
> during install, or after install, run 'XFdrake' as root to fix it back
> to the nv driver.
>
> 2nd-time users not using boxed sets should know this.

For an upgrade installation the nv driver is used and IIRC XF86conf-4 so
reflects that But Load 'glx' is not removed from the module section and
it is this which causes X to fail.

Since the nvidia drivers are only supplied through either the club or in
the powerpack and are in no form supported by Mandrake but offered only
because of user request it should be the users responsibility to make
any adjust which are necessitated by the usage of said drivers.

And I am not just blowing smoke at others, I have 2 systems with nvidia
cards and use their drivers on both.

    Charles

--
Wait!  You have not been prepared!
                -- Mr. Atoz, "Tomorrow is Yesterday", stardate 3113.2