On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 07:39, Joerg Skottke wrote:
> Per,
> thank you for the information.
> This means the XF86Config-4 file is kept when upgrading? I simply
> ignored that. However this is a problem since GeForce cards are rather
> common stuff and none of them will work anymore after updating.
> This is worth a bug.

I don't see a good solution. What are the options?

1) Wipe XF86Config entirely, create a new one that works.

Advantage - it works. Disadvantage - people with a nicely setup config
that would be fine after simply recompiling the nvidia drivers will be
angry.

2) Disable the "glx" module if present and the card is an nvidia.

Advantages and disadvantages similar - it'd produce a working file, but
annoy people who didn't want it modifying.

I think the assumption is that if you're smart enough to get the nvidia
drivers installed, you're smart enough to realise you'll have to
recompile them after upgrading.
--
adamw