On Wed, 07 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> You may not like the answer... but here goes:
>
> I am currently working on a new RPM release which should solve your rpm
> install problem (the /usr/local/bin/perl). Give this a try.
>
> I know you probably just downloaded the 20000531 build but before you pull
> anymore hair out over this and get discouraged please wait for the new
> build about to come out.
>
> -Chris
Hey Chris I have a corrrection for your web page and a few questions about
your new RPM builds.

        This correction is actually for faure as he maintains the
http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html webpage.
           This already allows to run a KDE2 app under KDE1, and the other way round.
correction: This allows one to run a KDE2 app under KDE1, and the other way
around

Most likely you will need to delete and let kde re-create your ~HOME/.kde
directory.
        Is this true if one wants to run KDE1 and KDE2 on the same computer?

Does one need to uninstall older KDE2 rpm's such as 20000531 before installing
the new one's or is it ok to just rpm -i over the older ones? Keep in mind
that I want to be able to use both KDE1 and KDE2. Using rpm -u will remove
KDE1 packages? There is a problem with removing your KDE2 rpm's (on Mandrake
anyway). Using rpm -e yields the package not installed error and rpm -i yields
package is allready installed. Which is it; installed or not installed?

What differences exist between your rpm's on
http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~molnarc/index.html and those in Mandrake cooker
contributions? Are the rpm's on us.mandrake using /usr/lib/qt2 or
/usr/lib/qt2.1.1? This is also an issue that needs to be addressed. Why is
Mandrake using qt2 and Redhat qt2.1.1.? This is a classic example of the need
for the LSB. This is a real pain in the ass from the end user standpoint.

If the above comments seemed harsh  or critical I'm very sorry. Let me take
this opportunity to also compliment the entire KDE team for producing such
wonderful software.