On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 02:47:19AM -0400, Matthew R. Sprague wrote:
> Hey Chris I have a corrrection for your web page and a few questions about
> your new RPM builds.
>
>       This correction is actually for faure as he maintains the
> http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html webpage.
>          This already allows to run a KDE2 app under KDE1, and the other way round.
> correction: This allows one to run a KDE2 app under KDE1, and the other way
> around

Thanks, fixed :)
(The 'already' meant: even without performing the other steps, but I guess
it's unclear)

> Most likely you will need to delete and let kde re-create your ~HOME/.kde
> directory.
>       Is this true if one wants to run KDE1 and KDE2 on the same computer?

No it's not. Chris, I suggest you remove this from your page.

> Does one need to uninstall older KDE2 rpm's such as 20000531 before installing
> the new one's or is it ok to just rpm -i over the older ones? Keep in mind
> that I want to be able to use both KDE1 and KDE2. Using rpm -u will remove
> KDE1 packages? There is a problem with removing your KDE2 rpm's (on Mandrake
> anyway). Using rpm -e yields the package not installed error and rpm -i yields
> package is allready installed. Which is it; installed or not installed?

Aren't the packages named kdebase2, kdenetwork2, etc. ? This should make
it easy to upgrade them without removing the KDE-1.x one.

> What differences exist between your rpm's on
> http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~molnarc/index.html and those in Mandrake cooker
> contributions? Are the rpm's on us.mandrake using /usr/lib/qt2 or
> /usr/lib/qt2.1.1? This is also an issue that needs to be addressed. Why is
> Mandrake using qt2 and Redhat qt2.1.1.? This is a classic example of the need
> for the LSB. This is a real pain in the ass from the end user standpoint.

> If the above comments seemed harsh  or critical I'm very sorry. Let me take
> this opportunity to also compliment the entire KDE team for producing such
> wonderful software.
Thanks :)

--
David FAURE