I agree with you but I find it so frustrating that such a good distro misses being a great distro on every releases. I have tried Redhat and Debian but for some reason I always come back to Mandrake. To be fair, I don't hink that Mandrake is bleeding edge anymore (i.e. compare MDK9.1 and RH9, very few differences) at least not as much as it used to be in the old days (when Mandrakesoft was run like a proper Linux company (i.e. release software when it's ready)). Let's not forget that MDK was forked from RH to create a viable desktop distro but if you look at the desktop improvements between 9 and 9.2, they are only "minor" (i.e. they have not achieve anything that other distros haven't). I do hope that 10 will be the best ever.

Emmanuel