Adam Williamson wrote:

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 00:59, Kye Lewis wrote:

Well, I think if you're reassured by the page you're taking something of
a short term view. What the case is for 9.2 isn't massively important to
me, I want to see Mandrakesoft place some kind of definite boundaries on
the strategy to cover *all* future releases; a definitive "here are the
things we will NEVER do" statement, not just a "here are the things we
haven't done yet" statement.

I agree, long term assurance would be great - but just remember, even if
they
do make a definitive "here are the things we will NEVER do" list, it doesn't
really mean they'll never do it - I wouldn't take anything that they do
publish
of that nature for granted.

No, but it would at least act as a disincentive by being a hostage to
fortune; if they broke it, the reaction would be all the greater because
there would be something concrete to point to and say "look, you said
this and you lied". This would make it at least *harder* for them to
cross the line.

Why is there this presumption that Mandrakesoft is determined to screw over there users? I'm new here relative to some of the cookers. Has there been a strong precedence of this happening in Mandrakesoft's past?

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
   AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk
               KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
21:40:01 up 6 days,  8:56,  1 user,  load average: 0.37, 0.44, 0.32

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)