On Fri Sep 26, 2003 at 04:17:48AM -0400, Brook Humphrey wrote:

> > I don't mind pure-ftpd being default, although it we want secure I still
> > maintain that vsftpd is what we want.  Can't beat it for security.  Of
> > course, it's a little spartan on the feature side as well.
>
> I'll admit here that I'm not very familiar with vsftpd but I can say pure-ftpd
> is not spartan at all and is constantly being maintained.

Well, I will have to look at it.  I've never looked at it before, I've only
used vsftpd and proftpd (and wu way back when).  Non-spartan is nice... the
thing I like about proftpd is how customizable is (and I like the
apache-like config syntax)

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/