On 10/05/2003 06:10:49 PM, Michael Scherer wrote:
On Sunday 05 October 2003 16:42, Austin wrote:

> 2. jabber is not an option for most people since their friends don't
> use it

Wrong.
Jabber is the best option because, they can talk to people on others
network., by using a gateway on the server.
they will not need to upgrade, because this will be done on the server
side.
I do not have a upgraded gaim, but i am still able to talk with friend
on yahoo, with amessage.info server.

Okay, true I guess. I have never tried it. I don't use IM anyway.

BUT, obviously we need to make the distinctions between the jabber client and the jabber protocol/network. I meant the protocol, not the client. Stupid old English again... just like the beer/freedom problem...

Austin
--
                                Austin Acton
       Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate