Am Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:03:28 +0000 schrieb Galileo:

> Another proof that Mandrake releases unfinished products.
> http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/advisories/advisory.php?name=MDKA-2003:020
> More that 250 MB of updates excluding SRPMS. How the hell did this
> happen ?
> It looks like x.2 doesn't mean a thing anymore. 7.2 and 8.2 were
> perfect. Why isn't so with 9.2 ?

IMHO 9.2 is a lot better than any other previous release.

The general question however is certainly valid and leads back to older
the discussion if a RC3 would not be a good thing. Or maybe not even call
it RC3 but call it "final quality assurance release" where the nice folks
at mandrake could freeze cooker (no new features) but in the same time a
dedicated crowd of some people would do nothing else but intensively
investigate the open _RC1_ & _RC2_ specific bug reports.

This should also reduce the number of "unconfirmed" bugs, which can be
somewhat irritating to bugreporters.

happy hacking

udo

--
  "Well, if we were to build it idiot proof,
        someone would build a better idiot."