Le Jeudi 23 Octobre 2003 14:12, Dave Cotton a écrit :
> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 13:59, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
> > Why doesn't mandrake try to figure out WHY less people are testing cooker
> > than they'd like instead of blindly blaming people that "THEY" don't test
> > enough so therefore mandrake is buggy....
> >
> > Mandrake is the one trying to make money doing this, I can always switch
> > to another distro if I find a better one, so I don't feel obligated to
> > help mandrake publish a buggy OS and then have them blame "me"/"us" for
> > not testing it enough!
> >
> > I don't think this is something we should be discussing on cooker, but
> > something that needs priority #1 at mandrakesoft development planning
> > meeting. How to get more (and happier) cooker developers and testers. And
> > how to release less buggy (or at least less noticably buggy) distros.
>
> Couldn't have put it better myself. 100% in agreement.

I agree too.
Time for testing should be longer, as well as time to fix for developpers !
Don't forget we don't do this as our main activity, but on volontary spare
time. So we need more time to react.
The best way is to begin by deciding when you would like to release the new
version, and then back-planify the BETA and RC deadline, putting for example
1 or 2 months of testing between each...

-- Pascal Cavy - VMF
Running 1 day,  3:23,  1 user,  load average: 0.10, 0.22, 0.16
(gcc version 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk))
Kernel Linux version 2.4.22-10mdkenterprise