On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 12:25:03PM +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 03:03:28 +0200, Galileo wrote:
>
> > Another proof that Mandrake releases unfinished products.
> > http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/advisories/advisory.php?name=MDKA-2003:020
> > More that 250 MB of updates excluding SRPMS. How the hell did this
> > happen ?
> > It looks like x.2 doesn't mean a thing anymore. 7.2 and 8.2 were
> > perfect. Why isn't so with 9.2 ?
>
> Updates for 7.2 and 8.2 were ONLY for security bug fixes..
>
> Since 9.x, we are now providing ALSO providing updates for bugfixes..

That's very much appreciated!

> But maybe we should go back and drop all non-security fixes updates ?

please no! But having bugfixes in updates should not be a reason to have
less strict requirements for a final release.

> And if people were reporting bugs/responding to queries DURING the
> beta/RC period, more bugs would be fixed BEFORE final release...

Oh come on, you can't blame everyone else that you can't fix bugs that
aren't reported. There are so many bugs that were reported and not fixed.

A lot of obvious faults are in 9.2 that should have been easy to avoid
(don't ask me how, but I'm pretty sure of it). This is a good time for
Mandrake to start thinking about how to improve the Q&A process, don't
demotivate volunteer helpers on whom you depend for manpower.

Cheers

Simon