On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:40:54PM +0200, Juan Quintela wrote:

> Hi
>
> john> What is needed is a committed (and known) BETA, & RC
> john> testers. Each one committed to testing a know set of
> john> functionality (hardware & software), and regression issues.
>
> But that things are already fixed in the Betas & RC.
>
> Problem is that majority of the people don't test until the last RC or
> Final :(  Bugs reported during cooker & Betas are normally fixed.

Well, to me the only test I'm interested in doing is a complete install from
iso images (on CDRW disks), this time, my summer holiday fell at the time
of the first 2 betas :-(

I'd appreciate more snapshots on ISO. With the current bittorrent technology
the bandwidth arguments don't apply anymore.

Why doesn't mandrake try to figure out WHY less people are testing cooker
than they'd like instead of blindly blaming people that "THEY" don't test
enough so therefore mandrake is buggy....

Mandrake is the one trying to make money doing this, I can always switch to
another distro if I find a better one, so I don't feel obligated to help
mandrake publish a buggy OS and then have them blame "me"/"us" for not
testing it enough!

I don't think this is something we should be discussing on cooker, but
something that needs priority #1 at mandrakesoft development planning
meeting. How to get more (and happier) cooker developers and testers. And
how to release less buggy (or at least less noticably buggy) distros.

Cheers

Simon