On Thu, 03 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> At 03 August, 2000 Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> > Mattias Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > Yes, I know. And ofcource that is the only way it should be. But if you
> > > ship helix update you dont ship helix gnome, you just ship a tool to
> > > install helixgnome if people would like to do that...
> >
> > we can't ship a tools who can screwed a default mdk configuration,
> > maybe a tools for contrib but not for the main/ distrib
>
> OK, I must admit that you have a quite good point there....
>
> //Snaggen

Yeah, but mdk needs to keep the helix-gnome packages compliant with
helix-gnome.

Up untill now I've been ignoring the mdk helix-gnome packages and sticking
with helix-update to update my packages as new ones become available. So I
saw this thread and decided to install the mdk packages.
 I then exited gnome, and fired up X again and sorry but it's just friggin
nasty IMHO.  Basically what I'm trying to get through this is, keeping
helix-gnome raw, the way it comes, and only lil minute tweaks should be made.

Run helix-gnome raw and then mdk's helix-gnome and you'll see what I mean : )