*nod* I understand, and I fully understand that it will be for the most part
inexperienced users using mdk. See the follow up post I made to chmoel's
response. I didn't even know about the below bug you mentioned : )

But I don't mean taking out functionality of updating the menus(which is a
whole 'nother situation :  p ) but simply keeping everything more compliant
and helix-like.

Bryan Paxton