"Eric MC.D" wrote:

> OS wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can someone help me gets CUPS working please !
> >
> > Most of the CUPS programs say they cannot connect to the server ! What server
> > would that be ? !

Is the scheduler (cupsd) running? After simply installing CUPS via rpm
it is not running. Either you reboot your system or you type

   /etc/rc.d/init.d/cups start

Check with

   lpstat -t

or with

   ps aux|grep cupsd

> > CUPS said it conflicted with lpr, so I rpm -e'd it. I also rpm -e'
> > rhs-printfilters since it needed lpr ! I assume CUPS has taken over from lpr ?

rhs-printfilters are ONLY for lpr. To get drivers for CUPS, install
cups-drivers.

> > Running DrakConf and trying to install a printer results in a debug output
> > saying that the printerdb file was missing. Not surprising really since most
> > printer stuff has now gone !

CUPS is not integrated in DrakConf/printerdrake yet, Use the web
interface (http://localhost:631) for now.

   Till