Can someone help me gets CUPS compiling please !

The latest release of rhs-printfilters somehow destroyed my printersetup
& now I'm ready for something new. The question is: how can I get cups
to compile (I'm the !d!0t with the alpha). For the people wanting to
simulate what I'm experiencing: rpm -e all cups packages off of your
system and then try to rebuild it. This is what I get:

Compiling lpstat.c...
lpstat.c: In function `show_jobs':
lpstat.c:1248: warning: `%c' yields only last 2 digits of year in some
locales
Linking lpstat...
+ gcc -opoll_ppd_base -L-1.1.2/cups -lcups poll_ppd_base.c
poll_ppd_base.c:42: cups/cups.h: No such file or directory
poll_ppd_base.c:43: cups/ipp.h: No such file or directory
poll_ppd_base.c:44: cups/language.h: No such file or directory

This looks as if the package requires itself (or an older copy of cups)
to already be installed. This will work if there is a cups package for
your arch, but in my case (on my alpha) I don't have cups compiled
(yet?)... Help is apreciated.

http://d10179.dtk.chello.nl/build/cooker/alpha/problem/cups-1.1.2-9mdk.src.rpm.txt

thanks!!

Stefan