Mike & Tracy Holt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> "B. K. Barley" wrote:
> >
> > >From a user perspective in regards to this menu issue,
> >
> >         I just would like to know how to add things to the default menus that
> > don't get added.  For instance, when I install Star Office, or Compupic,
> > or some other app that is not included with the distribution, I can not
> > add it to the menus.  I have looked at the documentation for 7.1 and
> > searched all around the docs in cooker but found nothing.
> >
> > Bryan
>
> As root, click on the big 'K' (assuming you're using kde) ->
> Configuration -> Other -> Menu Editor

No! That's the wrong thing to do!

"Mike & Tracy Holt", you're on this list since a long time now, I'm quite
surprised that you yet did not realize that we're using the menu-system
from Debian, which is WM independant.

Therefore, you have to edit the entries of the menu-system, no WM-specific
menus, or else your changes will be lost at the next update of the menu
system.

Either edit/add some files in /usr/lib/menu/ (documentation in
/usr/share/doc/menu*) or use the newly released beta menu editor called
DrakeMenu appearing in Cooker right now.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/