"B. K. Barley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >From a user perspective in regards to this menu issue,
>
>       I just would like to know how to add things to the default menus that
> don't get added.  For instance, when I install Star Office, or Compupic,
> or some other app that is not included with the distribution, I can not
> add it to the menus.  I have looked at the documentation for 7.1 and
> searched all around the docs in cooker but found nothing.

Add/customize entries in /usr/lib/menu/ (searching the documentation in
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/howtos/mdk-rpm/advanced.html#AEN656 and
/usr/share/doc/menu*/) or try the DrakeMenu editor in cooker.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/