Well, it will create even bigger problem for that task (min. installation) -
I don't want to install GTK. I will go to KDE2 as GUI.
Once more, Perl/GTK/GNome is not a problem on one, major machine. Even Apache
server is running on my Compaq Notebook  :-)

Question is about another, second computer - my old HP Omnibook 5500 (P/133),
which is not-upgradable, as it is notebook. I am even not sure if I can find
memory for it for reasonable price - original memory from HP will cost like
new computer (min $500 for 32MB; model is dated by 1997 year) And what I know
that my wife doesn't need Perl :-)
Concerning complexity of Perl or whatever. She was interesting in
programming, and even wrote database for stock control/purchasing (MS Access,
forms, scripts in VBA). But I can tell you, for sure: she will not be able to
study Perl...

--
Best regards,

Vadim Plessky