On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Geoffrey Lee wrote:

|  > I believe 300MB is still too much.
|  > 100MB is my target, 150MB is absolute maximum.
|
|  You probably want to do some hacking around with the packages, and do some
|  give and take.
 I do...

|  > Recently I was re-installing Windows 98 Second Edition.
|  > 130MB put on disk (install cabs), then - setup.exe. And -Windows
|  > installed!
|
|  FYI, I have an old 486 with a 6.0 based distribution (though it is of
| coures cookerized, duh ... ;) BTW an interesting fact is that Mandrake 6.x
| *DOES* work on i486 computers with hacking, it is just that you must
| recompile the kernel yourself.
Good advise. Thanks! I guess Mandrake 7.2 will work on Pentium? Or Pentium
II/Pro will be minimum requirement?

|  The last time I did df it used around 183 MB, that's for all of the core,
|  plus XFree 3, and samba.

183MB is vuch more reasonable, then 300MB. Besides, I don't need SAMBA.

|  Are you sure ?
|  You only need the KDE libs, no?

Without KDEbase (7.5MB archieve), Kmail will probably not work. In any case,
bwroser should be present, at least for home Intranet. So, KDEbase has to be
installed.

--
Vadim Plessky