> Pixel wrote:
>
> > root <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > Gee and how would a newbie know that (I did) but aren't we
> trying to get new
> > > users any more? This beta3 is a flop! and shouldn't have a link on the
> > > linux-mandrake.com site. Since any new user seeing the LATEST
> beta would give
> > > it a try....What a sad experiience that would be. for example over the
> > > weekend change-log added 22 FROZEN! kdelib rpms that wouldn't
> get past the
> > > rpm query hook? What are we trying for in the new beta3 it
> appears to act and
> > > sound more like wintendo everyday! what happened, a new philosophy at
> > > mandrake? Is this version intended for the euopean and 3rd
> world countries or
> > > what.?
> >
> > wow, wanna fight it seems! i particularly like the ``intended
> for the euopean
> > and 3rd world countries'' ... should i stay polite?
>
> No, Sir. Not trying to fight just wondering why mandrake puts its
> dirty laundry on
> the cloths-line. Keep it as a developement version, certainly not
> a link to

To debug it so that the final release is stable and worthy of the few
dollars they charge for the packaging...

> download the .iso's for beta3 on the home site...Geez! what are
> they really after,
> getting more and more geeks to write their NEW release!

"getting more and more geeks to write their NEW release" -- hrm, by George,
I think he's figured out what this whole "Linux" thing is all about!

Mandrake put a link to the iso's because they need to see what is broken by
having many people install it on their machines, and report back here where
the problems are, so they can provide a solution. To work out the wrinkles.
To fix unknown problems.

Microsoft proudly charges money for this pleasure.

-Steven