Joshua Jackson wrote:
> I do find
> it odd, though, that X will use up an extra 50MB's, seemingly, if left
> alone for 12 hours.  I say this, because I rebooted at like midnight and
> it showed like 80MB used, then I went to bed and when I got up and
> checked around noon it said 125MB used.

> If I'm not opening programs how is that explained?  X just grows?

That is not normal. If you were quoting total memory consumption rather than
just X, I would lay responsibility for it at the feet of things like cron
scripts running in the 00:00 to 04:59 time-band. Perhaps the X driver or an
add-in (screensaver? window manager?) is not freeing all of the RAM that it
allocates, AKA ``a memory leak.''

 I said I didn't know." -- Mark Twain