On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 03:11:26PM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> Hi Brian,

Hi David,

> My firewall machine has 211 packages, which includes perl,
> python, gcc, apache, etc, etc.

Yikes!  gcc and perl on a firewall?

> Undoubtedly both machines could be trimmed
> down ...

Undoubtedly.  :-)

> Given your 106 packages vs. the 1763 of the distribution you're at the
> 15-16% installed level.

Try your math again: 106/1763 = 6%.

> Obviously you're ahead of me on the project!  That's the way it should
> be.  Another tool comes to mind - RPMFIND which has the ability to find
> package updates and resolve dependencies.  It might be a solution for you.

Yeah, but again, this is something that NEEDS to be in the distro, not
just on my systems.  Everytime I need to write something that I get
with another distro, I need to re-evaluate my reasons for using it.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell