Eugenio Diaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> > It's rather sad to see that SGI has written a patch to Anaconda to support
> > XFS, and they don't care about our installer :-(..
>
> No. I think what it's rather sad is your attitude, and that Mandrake have not

my attitude??

> taken the initiative to establish a Developer or B2B relationship with SGI as
> RedHat has intelligently done. SGI is a hardware/services vendor. And BTW, they

SGI has *patched* the Anaconda by their side and reported that on their
ML. that's nothing to do with cooperative effort to port Anaconda to XFS.

> are one of the few vendors that actually "get-it" when it comes to Linux and
> OpenSource. I was at one of their "Linux University" events, and you won't

Right. Few years ago they switched from IRIX to NT, that was a nice
attitude. Now they realized that they made a big mistake, not a big deal.

> believe how well they *really* understand the OpenSource community, and the way
> it works. Believe me, they are not biased. Also remember SGI is the leader in
> high-performance computing.

I don't say they are biased. I say that they prefer Redhat. And they
probably do it because redhat is bigger in business than us, and I don't
blame them for doing that! My feeling is just sadness to see that SGI is
doing redhat's job for xfs in redhat installer.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/