My two cents...

> > your GUIs till now) look really horrible. They are nowhere
> compared to Qt/KDE
> > GUIs.. this could be because i work with them under KDE.. if
> that is the case
> > then you guys shld make sure that gtk gets a theme which looks
> good under
> > both KDE and GNOME.. right now they simply suck... and thats
> the reason why i
> > say that it could be because of Gtk.. I know for sure that Qt and KDE
> > applications look the same under GNOME.. and hence if I were
> you, I would
> > prefer Qt..
>
> And what did you do to help?
>
> And by the way, I use Mandrake because it is pentium optimized, not
> because of something you call a nice gui.

It's great that Mandrake is pentium optimized. But, for a user point of
wiev:

I need just one window manager and one desktop. Just _one_.
I'd like to set up things with tools that have exactly the same look and
feel.

We have a great environment (libralies, tools etc) that are free, and they
work
wery well. Those tools are KDE libraries and KDE Control Center.

If most people were working for the same goal, maybe we could beat Win in
issues of GUI simplicity etc. There is no use trying to reinvent the wheel.

I'd also like to set up a keyboard shortcut for launching an application in
KDE.
Mandrake should not try to use Menudrake, since it does not work OK.

> > so now hackers have a new library to hack!
>
> And people with big mouths have to learn to shut them up.

What about "free" in sense of freedom of speech?

Regards,
Eleknader