>> Could one of the cooker maintainers give me a simple howto to compile
>> Cooker from the SRPMS.  I know how to compile SRPMS, but I was wondering
>> what order I would need to compile them in or if the install program
>> will even recognize *.i686.rpm's instead of the i586 ones.
>

> This is an rpm specific question really.
>
> Mandrake doesn't seem to provide an option to do this (but Debian
> might, someone let me know). What I'd love to have is the most minimal
> set of packages installed, the install would then download and compile
> the SRPMS according to your specified arch and optflags.

I'm actually working on a mechanism like this. The script I'm using
first installs the BuildRequires of the src.rpm (with urpmi) and then
rebuilds the package.

But, the main problem is that the BuildRequires aren't accurate at the
moment in cooker. Without the correct BuilRequires you're going to
encounter many compile problems. I'm working on fixing them at the
moment, but There are still +/- 380 packages that aren't compiling....

At the moment I'm rebuilding without any -devel package installed (let
urpmi install what's required by BuildRequires). If you're interested, I
can share the script and setup with you...

Stefan