On 21 Jul 2001 03:31:23 -0600, Eaon wrote:
> Anyway, we seem to have gotten way off the original topic here, which is
> the odd behaviour of cdrom drives in 8.0 and Freq 2.  Is it a mount bug?
> Supermount? (I don't think so, since I un-supermounted the cd drive and
> still had the same issue).  Does it have any relation to it being a SCSI
> drive, or is that not the issue?
>
> Eaon

Replying to my own message, it seems I was wrong, it is supermount.  Found this thread
http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=1065&lang=en on mandrakeforum which
suggests "supermount -i disable".  Seems to work for me in a quick informal test with
the inst and ext cds that were giving me trouble.

So, goodbye, then, supermount.  It was nice knowing you.

Eaon