David Walluck wrote:

> L.A.Lawless wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 21 July 2001 5:25 pm, you wrote:
>>
>> This brings me to a problem that I encountered with Madrake Freq. I
>> find that often /mnt/cdrom is a locked directory and I cannot get
>> access even as root. To be told that root has insufficient permissions
>> is a little odd. I can create another directory im .mnt and an fstab
>> entry to point to it, and that gives me access, but then I have
>> complaints about multiple mounts and it's no good fro such as rpmdrake
>> that is looking for a cd on /mnt/cdrom. I can cure it for a time, then
>> it mysreriously returns. BTW it's an IDE drive and I only have the
>> one. So, get rid of supermount? How would that solve a locked
>> directory in /mnt?
>>
>> Apologies for the fact that I haven't set up Postfix completely yet,
>> specifically, no aliases.
>>

> Locked doesn't have to mean you don't have persmission to access the
> file. Supermount could be locking the drive. One easy way to find out is
> to disable it.
>
> What does postfix have to do with the first part of your e-mail?

I've disabled supermount for my cd drive and so far, no problems. Kept
it for my floppy so far as that seems to work OK. The only answer I
could think of was a supermount problem, as I could access the cd drive
by mounting it elsewhere and not using suopermount.

The postfix thing is about my not setting up my aliases file yet, so I'm
not getting the information I want inmy headers yet. That's a job for
today. And I am using Mozilla with a direct connection to my ISP at the
moment because some unknown person has sent an attachment (Windows type)
that locks my mailbox at my ISP and prevents that mail being deleted.Has
anyone heard of MSOOBD.exe? My ISP uses Unix servers, but I had to
delete this mail myself in order to be able to get past it. Maybe in
Windows it just brought Norton's mail proxy server down?

--
Anna