That sounds like a good idea for a basic install...
the reason I mentioned the search was for specialty
items like ssh, gnucash or some other requested
feature based on needs.... if the search engine was
sufficiently smart it would recognize the windows
program equivalent.

Example:
search for quicken brings up gnucash
search for photoshop brings up the gimp

This would do two things:
  make the conversion to linux easier because you see
the software equivalents you are looking for
  familiarize the newbie to the name and functions of
some of the new software, which will help ease the
intimidation factor.

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]