    p> ever heard of mkcds? have a look in misc

    p> if you want to do it by hand you can even see
    p> Mandrake/base/rpmslist

You still miss his point: There is no way to download ONLY what
belongs on disk-1 --- either you download each package individually
or you download the whole thing.

Maybe all he needs is a script that will take the package list and
turn it into an rsync command, or perhaps we can do this on the server
side where you can simply use an rsync alias to fetch only those files
which appear on disk-1 etc.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
T(C)Inc Business Innovations through Open Source http://www.teledyn.com