When installing linux for people, they seem to be most
curious and open at the very beginning. If you have to
take cumbersome steps to install for them they
immediately assume it will be too hard for them and
lose interest. Even though I love having lots of
choices, I have noticed that most newbies get
overwhelmed when they see all those weird named
programs.... anything unfamiliar is weird. I think it
would be easier to put in a few items and let them get
used to it and get beyond that initial fear. Then new
programs can be added as needed.

That is why having a search engine on install would be
so nice. I can quickly get in what I need and have
them up and running fairly quickly, give a little
orientation and be on my way.

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]