On Monday 10 September 2001 8:15 am, you wrote:
> > When it boots and you get to the bash prompt, type "chroot /mnt" and
> > then edit your /etc/lilo.conf file (using your favorite editor) and add
> > the following lines after the keytable entry:
> >
> > disk=/dev/hde
> > bios=0x80
> >
> > if you have another drive under the onboard controller like me add also:
> >
> > disk=/dev/hda
> > bios=0x81
>
> Is that an on-board raid controller?  Can you see the raid drives from
> linux??  I have a similar setup, but basically gave up on seeing the raid
> disks...
>
> -Jason
I have an Asus A7V too. This is not an on-board raid controller; basically
the mobo has two IDE controller, the built-in BIOS ATA66 controller (hda-hdd)
and the Promise ATA100 controller which is optionally loaded just prior to
handing over control to the boot loader; drives attached to the Promise
controller appear as hde-hdg.

Having had glitches even in Windows 2000, I now run all my drives from the
ATA66 controller. Linux worked fine using the Promise controller when I tried
it one year ago though.

Regards,

Michel