HeadTechnican @ Mathco.com wrote:

>I guess this is a old thing, I get this with 8.1 also.
>Whenever i boot mandrake with any of the Aurora rpms installed
>it complains that it can't run kudzu cause it can't open the console.
>
>so i guess its a known problem.
>
>Just a reminder.
>
>MattB

Yes, I noticed the aurora variable used in the concerning startup script
stays empty so the if statements fail.
Where this aurora variable is supposed to be defined I don't know but
would like to. In the mean time just hardcode it to the right value, i
think it's 'y' or 'yes'; check the if stmt again cause I'm writing this
by heart.
I could write a small book on things that go wrong in 8.1. One of the
things that piss me off are that Eterm won't display some chars like the
~ and [ ]. Kde prints a ? for the Euro sign etc ...

Guy.