On 19 Feb 2002 15:52:09 +0100
Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Olivier Thauvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > Any change in XFree configuration that could fix the problem?
> >
> > Yesterday, or I must say this morning, I retest the cooker install.
> >
> > When I install the DRI module is activate and the Kde login have this problem.
> > When I comment the loadmodule DRI, the kde login work fine, but of course,
> > games as tuxracer are very slow, very very slow, I can't playing.
> > If I uncomment this line, I can play, but login is not beautiful.
> >
> > Play or Login ? The choice is hard...
>
> Is the acceleration -that- fast? I think the best would be to
> have an acceptable login screen, even if this card is not flagged
> as 3d accelerated anymore...
>
> Francois, don't you think you should disable DRI for this card?

No!!!!

Do not disable dri.
Once past the login screen all video function are as correct and function properly.

As to the login screen by switching back and forth between Alt+F2
and Alt+F7 login display is built to the proper level.

Let me have a chance to play around some with the background being used
before anything drastic is done.

    Charles