Vincent Danen wrote:

> On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 07:36 PM, Ron Stodden wrote:
>
>> I repeated the call just now:
>>
>> [ron@small ron]$ rsync rsync://ftp.uninett.no:873/Mandrake/
>>
>> drwxr-xr-x        4096 2001/11/04 07:36:22 .
>> drwxr-xr-x        4096 2002/09/26 03:29:03 Mandrake
>> drwxr-xr-x        4096 2002/04/16 00:11:05 Mandrake-devel
>> drwxr-xr-x        4096 2001/06/11 21:59:48 Mandrake-iso
>> [ron@small ron]$
>>
>> Again, there is no Mandrake-old on this primary mirror.
>

> Where do you get the idea that this is a primary mirror?  It's not even
> listed on the FTP download page on mandrakelinux.com.

 From Mandrake itself, prominently listed with sunet.se as the two
primary (sic) mirrors on its web site.    These two have recently been
removed from the list of mirrors on the web page, obviously because of
excessive traffic, which is now rectified by their removal.   The
primaries are the source for the secondary mirrors.    Mandrake itself
also maintains its own internal repository which has no external access,
but from which the primary mirrors are primed.

Therefore the lack of Mandrake-old indicates disownment and no further
support for those releases.

That is my understanding, despite what Ben Reser claims.   Tell me if it
is otherwise ...

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]

New Web site: http://members.optusnet.com.au/ronst/