Frederic Crozat wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:00:13 +0200, Michal Bukovjan wrote:
>

>>Michal Bukovjan wrote:

>>>[Running upgraded fresh 8.2 (week old) upgraded to 9.0]
>>>

>>>I have "Click to focus" setting enabled in GCC.
>>>

>>Here is some more info:
>>
>>- the WINDOW_MANAGER in .bashrc wouldn't work. Always metacity. I tried
>>to log into KDE session, though, to see if there is any difference.
>

> I've tested and adding
> export WINDOW_MANAGER=sawfish
> to .bashrc only work if you didn't save session before..
>
> If you did, then, open a terminal and do :
> killall metacity && sawfish
>
> and then save your session
Thanks, that worked (I had to relogin then). So...

>>Problem 1 - works under KDE. So this *IS* a Metacity issue, as this
>>worked with sawfish in MDK8.2 as well.
>>Please note that I am talking about keyboard focus in here - clicking on
>>links (and mouse actions generally) in Mozilla window works, shortcut or
>>keyboard input does not.
>>
>>Looks like "Click to focus" option is broken, as it does not work in
>>other applications too. I tested the "Point on focus" option, and that
>>one works as expected. Since "Click to focus" is the default option, I
>>suggest that Mandrake folks look at it and possibly fix it.
>

> Did you read my email ?
>
> I tested and keyboard focus works correctly with metacity in
> click-to-focus mode with mozilla.. So, give me a 100% reproducible test
> case..

So I was also able to test under sawfish.
Problem 1 (focusing) does not occur with sawfish.
Problem 2 (freeciv) occurs under sawfish as well, so it must be a bug of
the new freeciv client.

I got more simple testcases for problem 1, 100% reproducible on my fresh
8.2 upgrade to MDK 9.0:

a) start two gnome terminals - clicking into the other terminal will
neither bring the other one to top, nor give it keyboard focus. I can
select the text with mouse in the non-focused one, though...

b) Start two Nautilus views (say on your home dir). I cannot switch
windows as well, nor the other window comes on top.

c) Mozilla is an exemption to this - its window will come on top, but no
keyboard focus.

d) I also tried two KDE apps (Kate), same behavior as a) and b).

IMPORTANT:

All of these cases appear when you click *INTO* the window (any point).
Both focusing and raising *work* correctly if I click on window header
or window decoration (border) of the corresponding window.

Both focusing and raising work correctly in all cases with sawfish and
KDE window manager.

I've even checked the metacity theme, it is not dependent, though.

Michal