On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:00:13 +0200, Michal Bukovjan wrote:

> Michal Bukovjan wrote:
>> Frederic Crozat wrote:

>>> Work perfectly here..
>>

>> But not here. Since you do not support sawfish, the only solution would
>> be rpm -e sawfish :-( Correct?
>>
>> Is there anything I can do to help you? How do I get some feedback from
>> system on why it is not starting the capplet?
>>
>> I am happy with metacity, that's ok, but then I have some probs which
>> may or may not be related to metacity - just try this yourself:
>>
>> [Running upgraded fresh 8.2 (week old) upgraded to 9.0]
>>
>> Problem 1:
>> ----------
>> - run Mozilla                     [Mozilla window has focus]
>> - run Mozilla Mail (optional)
>> - run gedit (or anything else), in the same workspace
>>                                   [gedit window has focus]
>> - click inside Mozilla window - the Mozilla window comes on top, but
>> does not get focus. I have to click on the window header to get it to
>> focus.
>>
>> I have "Click to focus" setting enabled in GCC.
>>
>> Problem 2:
>> ----------
>> Not sure if related to WM - playing freeciv client shipped with MDK9.0
>> (I guess it is the GTK2 client), when multiple windows popup after a
>> turn, only one of them is focusable.
>>
>> This is especially annoying when scientists come with a new invention,
>> you try to choose another one to invent, click on help check box and
>> have help screen pop up on a invention, but this help screen is not
>> active/is disabled. You have to close science report dialog, and only
>> then you can use the help popup window.
>>
>> Let me know if I can help you with any of the probs. I will try sawfish
>> and see if the problems persist.
>>
> Here is some more info:
>
> - the WINDOW_MANAGER in .bashrc wouldn't work. Always metacity. I tried
> to log into KDE session, though, to see if there is any difference.

I've tested and adding
export WINDOW_MANAGER=sawfish
to .bashrc only work if you didn't save session before..

If you did, then, open a terminal and do :
killall metacity && sawfish

and then save your session

> Problem 1 - works under KDE. So this *IS* a Metacity issue, as this
> worked with sawfish in MDK8.2 as well.
> Please note that I am talking about keyboard focus in here - clicking on
> links (and mouse actions generally) in Mozilla window works, shortcut or
> keyboard input does not.
>
> Looks like "Click to focus" option is broken, as it does not work in
> other applications too. I tested the "Point on focus" option, and that
> one works as expected. Since "Click to focus" is the default option, I
> suggest that Mandrake folks look at it and possibly fix it.

Did you read my email ?

I tested and keyboard focus works correctly with metacity in
click-to-focus mode with mozilla.. So, give me a 100% reproducible test
case..

--
Frederic Crozat
MandrakeSoft