On Saturday 09 November 2002 05:13 pm, J.A. Magallón wrote:
> On 2002.11.09 Gary Greene wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > as it does now. If you want only one control center, just embed your
> > tools into the KDE Control Center (+the seperate one for GNOME users.)
>
> That's what I most would like. MDK can develop its own tools, but plz
> integrate them in standard control centers, like Gnome's one. Most people
> uses KDE or Gnome. For those not using any of them, sure there is one other
> config tool widely used (linuxconf ?). So you can get your useful tools and
> integrate them in the standard control panels. One backend and several
> fronts to embed them in control panels.

I agree that the Mandrake config tools ought to be integrated into the KDE or
Gnome control centers. What would be super-nice icing-on-the-cake kind of
stuff would be if they'd do a Qt front-end to the tools so they blend with
the KDE control center better. Also, I'd say if both KDE and Gnome put a
config tool into their control centers, Mandrake should count that as a
blessing - it's one less config tool you guys have to develop! I definitely
don't want to see anything the KDE folks create taken out of the KDE control
center. They put a lot of work into their tools also, and some of them I like
better than the MCC alternative.

Oh, while we're on the topic, I'll state my opinion that linuxconf was the
biggest piece of crap I have ever tried to use to configure a system, and I
am so glad to see it disappearing from distributions. Folks who aren't using
KDE or Gnome would be better off with the current MCC, or even with Webmin.

--
Brian Smith