> > nombres aléatoires informatique germe   ==>   55 matches
> > nombres aléatoires informatique graine  ==>   44 matches
> >
> > however, for the "style", as a french, I'd favor "germe", even if
> > both look funny/dumb.
> >

> > [...]
>
> We don't have to translate word to word.
> I think the idea is something like :
> Sauvegarde de l'état du générateur aléatoire ou
> Sauvegarde de la source du générateur aléatoire

As a biologist, i think 'graine' is more appropriate than 'germe' :
the first one means 'what is the source of life, the beginning', and the
second 'what lives upon life', a 'germe' is mostly understood as virus or
bacteria, so definitively, i prefer 'graine', i don't won't my computer to
catch a cold.

Stef