Austin Acton wrote:

And how could we drop RPM?  There's no good alternative: certainly not
portage.  The guys at gentoo spend forever maintaining the ebuilds, and
they're never perfect.  And don't say dpkg/apt cuz I might puke.  :-)
uPM?
http://www.u-os.org/upm.html

(Now, I didn't try u-os, and it's a source based distribution, but the ideas in its package management seem interesting)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Note.- This message reached you today, it may not tomorrow if you