On Thu Jan 16  7:19 -0800, Brook Humphrey wrote:
> Do you mean for the srpm rebuilding to have a gui?
>
> I have not used gentoo but I thought it was just a bunch of build scripts more
> or less that compiles the whole distro from scratch. Which, well taking a few
> days to have a usable distro baring any power outages does not seem to
> realistic. It;s fine for toying around but well bsd is not as widely
> distributed either. It's fine for a hobby and maybe in a college classroom
> but not very feasible for the majority of users.

>From what I understand of Gentoo, it basically downloads the equivalent
of an SRPM and builds it then installs the binary.

It shouldn't be that difficult in theory to hack urpmi to support that
(providing that a source-equivalent for hdlists and so forth is
created).  If Mandrake integrates both automatic compilation of desired
packages with the ability to download binaries, that would be a killer
feature, imho.

--
Levi Ramsey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Another January, another Bill Cowher choke-job

GPG Key Fingerprint: 354C 7A02 77C5 9EE7 8538  4E8D DCD9 B4B0 DC35 67CD
Currently playing:  Monster Magnet - Crop Circle
Linux 2.4.20-0.4mdk
 14:00:02  up 1 day, 22:37,  8 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.07, 0.17