On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Shift wrote:

> Moreover I noticed that the login input field has been removed. The user has
> only the right to choose a user in a list.
>
> But HOW this user will do if the linux box has thousnds of users ????
> It is an horrible waste of time :(

No, I had setup kdm previously to no show users, so my mdkkdm still had a
user/password login field.

And I suspect the behaviour can still be controlled with the KDE control
center module, though I haven't tried.

I would like to have the usual kdm back though.

Do we need to take this up on MandrakeClub to be heard?

IMHO, work on kdm should be going towards making gdm and kdm compatible,
so that when in kde with gdm, I can choose shutdown/logout/reboot from
kde, or when in gnome with kdm also. And so that when runing kdm I can
choose "New login" or whatever better fits for "fast user switching".

Buchan